Longtime St. Cloud, MN Drug Crime Attorney Delivers a Dynamic Defense
No possession case is too small or too big for Minnesota lawyer
Under Minnesota law, drug possession offenses vary in their severity based on the amount and type of drug involved. If you are convicted of possession of even a small amount of a controlled substance, the penalties may range from probation to 30 years in prison and a $1 million fine.
If you are charged with drug possession, get help right away from an experienced criminal lawyer at the Michalski Law Office in St. Cloud, Minn.
Michalski Law Office defends the full range of drug crimes
Minnesota classifies drug possession crimes as follows:
- First degree: Possession of at least 25 grams of cocaine, heroin or methamphetamine, at least 500 grams of any other narcotic drug, at least 500 doses of a hallucinogen or at least 100 kilograms of marijuana
- Second degree: Possession of at least six grams of cocaine, heroin or methamphetamine, at least 50 grams of any other narcotic drug, at least 100 doses of a hallucinogen or at least 50 kilograms of marijuana
- Third degree: Possession of at least three grams of cocaine, heroin or methamphetamine, at least 10 grams of any other narcotic drug, at least 10 kilograms of marijuana or five doses of a narcotic drug in a school, park, public housing zone or drug treatment center
- Fourth degree: Possession of at least 10 doses of a hallucinogen or any amount of a Schedule I-III controlled substance, as defined by the Controlled Substances Act, with intent to sell
- Fifth degree: Possession of any amount of a Schedule I-IV controlled substance, except 42.5 grams or less of marijuana
In addition to defending possession cases, St. Cloud drug crime lawyer Michael J. Michalski has substantial experience representing people who have been charged with selling, manufacturing or trafficking in drugs.
Contact any of our four Minnesota offices for a free initial consultation
If you have been charged with a drug crime, call veteran St. Cloud drug offense attorney Michael J. Michalski immediately. At the Michalski Law Office, we have nearly three decades of experience in drug crime defense work. With four locations and flexible evening and weekend appointments, we are committed to accommodating our clients in St. Cloud, Minneapolis, Edina, Zimmerman, Rockville, Clearwater and elsewhere in Minnesota. Call the Michalski Law Office at 320-200-1108 or contact us online to schedule your free initial consultation. We are committed to your case, no matter how complex.